The coach house from 1921, a municipal monument, has been transformed into a residence. Together with the barn, this characteristic building forms a valuable ensemble on the estate, where the country house was demolished years ago. The main nave of the coach house used to house the agricultural tools, now this is the living room and kitchen. In the side aisle were the stables and the horses. One of the stables has been preserved and is part of the living room. The corrugated sheets containing asbestos have been removed and replaced by a thatched roof. The hood, made with craftsmanship, gives the coach house back its historic allure. The original hay hatches are now the windows of the bedrooms. In the stable is a new spiral staircase that connects the living room with the master bedroom. The original hildes and the IJsselsteentjes in the stable have been preserved. In addition to the restoration, the building is insulated from the inside and equipped with a heat pump. The high fronts connect the inside with the outside on the south side. This facade can be closed completely with the large, restored stable doors. The result is a light, spacious and comfortable house with historical elements in a special place.
Photos: Mike Bink en Marjon Hoogervorst